Friday, 27 July 2007

Week in summary

Hello kids,

Last week was a relatively busy one for me.
Skip this if you just interested in my travels :-P

Tuesday night... Jan (workmate) had a box of beer which had to be drunk because he was leaving this week. So Jan, Stefan (room-mate) and I stayed up and finished the box of beer.

Wednesday night: Jan's birthday. So of course, most of the people from work met up at a biergarten to enjoy a few fine German beers. I learnt some new German phrases which was quite fun. The main one was: "Ich möchte diesen Teppich nicht kaufen, bitte", which translates to "I don't want to buy these carpets, please". You can use it to order beer :-P as there is a commercial with this phrase and the people get given beer. I tested it and it worked!
Oh, and after much pestering (and the help of a couple of beers) they got me to do the Haka for them. Now I haven't done it since primary school, so I was a bit rusty on the words... but the actions came naturally. I even got Jan up to teach him how to do it which was quite fun.

Thursday: Jan, Andreas (workmate) and I headed out to a fitness centre called "Pink Power" to play squash. Now you know how much I am one for innuendo, so the whole week I had been playing on the fact "three guys are heading to pink power to go into a room together and sweat... etc etc"
All jokes aside, it was good to have several games of squash. I was very rusty, but still managed to win every game. Afterwards we had a sauna. I haven't had a sauna before, strange experience going into a room and 'sweat like a pig' for 15 minutes at a time. Andreas was a sauna expert, so we had to go through all these phases, like dip your feet in cold water, then hot water, then rub salt on yourself to increase the sweat. Didn't get home until midnight, but it was very relaxing and tiring.

Friday: Jan left work today. I really got on with him and he will be missed. He will be back in 2 months, just before I head off. That night, I went out with Thom (workmate) and Jon (Thom's flatmate) to an English pub for a drink or two. Was pretty casual and I caught the 3am bus home because I had to get up at 7am on Sat.

No comments: