Friday, 14 September 2007

Heidelberg

Ok, I’m here for a gathering of geeks guys. It’s an international conference for Pattern Recognition (among other image analysis techniques). So boring to most of you, but interesting to me.

Monday night stayed in a pretty nice hotel.

Tuesday, went to conference all day. Then went for drinks with some of the people there. After that I checked into my new hotel which was closer to the venue.

Wednesday, In the evening, did a guided tour of Heidelberg.
Was pretty cool little city, but I think I heard more Americans than I did Germans! It is one of the places that Americans like to visit. Mark Twain visited here when he was writing his novels.

Also, learnt a bit of history. Heidelberg went through a shitload in the past. The biggest one was the castle being destroyed several times during the 30 Year War and it has been left in ruins. It has got one of the thickest walls out of any medieval structure... 11m thick!


There were some pretty cool views of the city by night!


Thurs, conference then the conference dinner which was pretty cool.

Friday, conference, then on the train home. Writing my paper at every spare moment I had!

Anyway… short and sweet. I’m going to try and keep up with my blog but I’m pretty flat out with writing my paper and stuff. May not be as detailed as I have been in the past :-) Head down bum up until I leave.

Next destination… Budapest! Woohoo.

No comments: