Sunday, 9 September 2007

Krakow to Warsaw

I got out early enough to try and enjoy the day. I walked around the old city of Krakow and did the touristy thing.


My next stop was the police station to report my camera… of course, they didn’t speak English, but they managed to communicate I needed to sit in this room and wait to be served. After about an hour (time for me to do some more work) they had a translator on the phone. I explained that I just needed to make a report so I could make an insurance claim. They said they could do it and they arranged an appointment at 5pm to see the translator.

So, I went out and enjoyed the rest of the day. I walked around in the overcast / semi-raining day. I saw the Old Town and Castle (which were pretty cool).


The main church in the old city had one of the most impressive interiors I’ve seen in a church. On my way back to the hostel I randomly bumped into Rachel and Richard again… such a strange coincidence!

I got back to the hostel about 4pm… just as it started to piss down. I started talking with the girl on the desk (who was the one that joined us the first night) and told her about my camera… and she said “this one” and pulled out my camera from the desk. So yay! I got my camera back… and even got her to call the police station to cancel my appointment so I didn’t have to walk in the rain. It was such great news!

I ended up chilling out at the hostel chatting with Justin for a couple of hours until I needed to go to the train station and head to Warsaw. I didn’t want to leave Krakow because I thought it was a fantastic city! Don’t ask me why, because I can’t put a finger on it. It’s just a great city… good atmosphere, not too many tourists, yet it’s tourist (English) friendly. Just a great city and I want to go back. Oh also, Poland has lots of great eye candy for me… those of you who know me know I’ve got a weakness for dark hair with blue eyes… which was a plenty in Poland.. Heaven :-P

Anyway, I arrived in Warsaw and it was pissing with rain. I walked to the hostel and got pretty wet, well I had my rain jacket so not too much. Two most useful things in my travels so far: my snow-jacket and my big back pack (thanks mum!)


I couldn’t be bothered facing the rain again, so I sat down and chatted to some guys in the hostel. We watched the final of the US Open and watched Federer win for the 4th time in a row. Then I went off to bed.

If anyone goes to Poland or Romania, stay in a “Nathan’s Villa Hostel”, it is the greatest hostel I have ever stayed in. You won’t believe how good until you stay in one! It’s the cleanliness and convenience of a hotel, with the atmosphere and friendliness of a hostel.

No comments: