Thursday, 21 June 2007

Mum's Test results... gulp

I thought I would let everyone know that mum has had her surgery and it was successful.
They removed all the lump from her breast and it doesn't need any further surgery... woohoo!

But... the biopsy results on her lymph nodes were not good news. 6 out of 16 lymph nodes removed were cancerous. So, the radiation treatment is on hold, and mum needs to have 9 months of chemo-therapy! I session every 3 weeks. She will lose her hair, and may get quite sick after a session. Then after that she will have her weekly radiation treatment for 6 weeks. Not the best news in the world, it's a lot to go through.

She does have Brenda looking after her playing the role of in house nurse, which is great (funny how roles reverse isn't it). Also Oma and Che are being very supportive while mum is going through all of this.

I have been given strict instructions from mum that I need to enjoy myself over here and not to worry... especially don't think about heading home. So that's what I am going to do, plan my trips and enjoy my time. She will still be going through it all when I get back.

If anyone wants to pass on their thoughts, her email is helen.heuvel@clear.net.nz

No comments: