Sunday, 17 June 2007

On the way back... via Frankfurt (why not?)

We had to check out of the hotel at noon... I was still shattered/hungover/probably still drunk. But managed to get up have a shower and get in the car.

We had a final walk around Köln, had some lunch on down at the waterfront (by the Rhine). Then we started our road mish to Frankfurt. The guys (Thom, K1 and Johnny) had never seen sky-scrapers before, so it was exciting times for them :-)

I slept all the way there (2 hours) and woke up to the awesome skyline. We went for a wander, and eventually went to the top of the Henninger Turm, which is the tallest building you can go up to view the city. The view from here was pretty cool if you wanted to see the city. We stayed up there for an hour just checking out different parts of the city. For full views click on the picture and head to my gallery.


After this we headed down to the streets and got something to eat. And then took off for our trip back to Stuttgart. The stupid sat nav lead us around in circles for about 20 minutes for some reason or another. After "negotiating" with the damn thing, we got it working. And we took off from Frankfurt. I got a final photo on our way out. Pretty nice skyline. But I don't think I'll go back to Frankfurt. It's just a commercial city, not really a party or scenery town.


It was a bit grid-locked coming back... but I didn't mind because I wasn't driving (therefore I slept). We made it back to Stuttgart 5 minutes after we were supposed to return the car, luckily the attendant was still there.
Took the S-Bahn home and crashed... was a pretty fun and busy weekend all in all.

1 comment:

Cam said...

How are you going to teach cars to drive themselves if you can't even work a GPS?