Friday, 15 June 2007

Update on things

Howdy,

I have uploaded a bunch of photos from Sweden... not all because I took about 400. I have also gone through my photos and updated them all with captions. Click the link on the side of my page, or just click here. For those of you with a slow internet connection (dial-up peoples) it may take a while to view the pictures. Probably the best think to do is view the "thumbnails" then choose what photos you want. Also, if any of you want high-resolution for any photo, let me know.

Note: I do have a cell phone number... but my cell phone is broken (read the post about me crashing off my bike... hehe) I don't expect people to contact it, because email is just as effective. It is: +49 176 68037214.

My last day in Stockholm was simple: get up, have some food, pack, chat to some people, go off to the airport and catch the plane. I practised my German with the air hostesses, asking for my drinks plus sandwich in Deutsch. It worked... hopefully I will not be limited to that in 5 months time!

I got back to the train station at Hulb (my stop) and somebody had played a trick on my bike. They had closed this latch thingy, which I didn't know I had, which locked my spokes. I didn't have a key for it so I walked into work, but there were no tools for me to use. So I walked home, unpacked, did some washing, went to bed (all exciting stuff hehe)

Wednesday I walked to work and one of the guys walked in carrying the bolt to the latch that was locking my bike. He told me that he told his landlord the story, so his landlord went for a 1 hour walk with some bolt cutters, and cut the lock for me. Very nice... but a little weird :)

Nothing else this week really. Played badminton, went for 3 beers afterwards (which is 1.5 litres in Germany!), so had a good sleep that night. I have been working long hours now that I have some motivation... the break to Sweden was what I needed.

I'm off to Köln (Cologne in English) this weekend. We are hiring a car and driving there... I think it's about 5 hours. I am one of the drivers... so autobahn here we come!

No comments: